When you know what to expect it can be easier to prepare.. Here are five stages of migraine which have been identified..
- Stage 1: Prodrome Stage (changes in mood, high or low energy… )
- Stage 2: Aura Stage (usually occurs 20 min to 60 min before migraine onset and typical features include visual hallucinations, zigzag lines flashing lines..)
- Stage 3: Migraine (can last between 4 and 72 hours, moderate to severe pain.. and, if you suffer with them, well you know the rest!)
- Stage 4: Resolution Stage: migraine often stops after individual has gotten sick or has slept.
- Stage 5: Postdrome (the very sleepy stage… fatigue, difficulty concentrating.. )